Employment Opportunities at Open Harvest: Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Open Harvest is a community owned grocery store, dedicated to building a sustainable food system through consumer education and the cooperative principles. Open Harvest has been a Lincoln staple since 1975.
At Open Harvest, we exist to serve the needs of our membership and community, and our staff is at the center of our success. We look for applicants who understand the importance of giving great customer service to every person who chooses to shop with us. To our staff, we offer a workplace that is not only positive and respectful, but also can teach you valuable skills to carry on throughout your career, either at the Co-op or in another endeavor. Whether you’re interested in an entry-level opportunity or taking the next step in your career Open Harvest may be just the rewarding experience you’re looking for!
Open Harvest Co-op is committed to equal opportunity in employment practices including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on performance, qualifications and abilities. Employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, age, religious or political beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, or disability.
Please ask a cashier for an application, or download one below. Turn in applications and resumes to the Customer Service Desk, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
FOOD SERVICE CLERK
We are accepting applications for a part-time Food Service Clerk in our Food Service Department.
A Food Service Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service, preparing made-to-order burritos, portioning food items per request, dishwashing, and upholding food safety standards in all food service areas. The ideal candidate should have food service experience, excellent customer service skills, the ability to follow direction, great communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Weekend and evening availability is required.
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER
The main responsibilities for this job include creating and maintaining a vision for the department; providing leadership to the kitchen, deli counter, cheese and meat & seafood staff; achieve agreed upon sales, margin, and labor; support the food service staff in product development; coordinate the marketing and promotion development of the department; and efficiently manage the overall operations of the department. Must have a current Food Protection Manager permit or be able to acquire one within the first 90 days.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- at least 3 years of management experience in grocery retail or food service
- the ability to work effectively as member of the leadership team
- demonstrated financial knowledge including how to read a financial statement
- the ability to maintain a set pricing strategy by establishing margin and prices
- experience in category management following current industry trends
- a proven history of accurate inventory management and growing sales
- the ability to create new systems, policies and procedures
- self-motivation, strong work ethic, and integrity
- willingness and ability to learn and meet the changing requirements of the job
- excellent communication skills and the ability to provide clear directions
- experience in modeling and building a culture of accountability
- the availability for a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- a sense of urgency in their work and models cooperative values and principles
This is a full-time position with benefits. We offer health, vision, & dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and a 15% staff discount at the store.
Please submit a resume and job application to:
Open Harvest Co-op Grocery, 1618 South Street, Lincoln, NE 68502. Application can be obtained in-store, or at www.openharvest.coop. Applications that do not include a resume and completed application will not be considered for the position.