Employment Opportunities at Open Harvest: Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Open Harvest is a community owned grocery store, dedicated to building a sustainable food system through consumer education and the cooperative principles. Open Harvest has been a Lincoln staple since 1975.
At Open Harvest, we exist to serve the needs of our membership and community, and our staff is at the center of our success. We look for applicants who understand the importance of giving great customer service to every person who chooses to shop with us. To our staff, we offer a workplace that is not only positive and respectful, but also can teach you valuable skills to carry on throughout your career, either at the Co-op or in another endeavor. Whether you’re interested in an entry-level opportunity or taking the next step in your career Open Harvest may be just the rewarding experience you’re looking for!
Open Harvest Co-op is committed to equal opportunity in employment practices including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on performance, qualifications and abilities. Employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, age, religious or political beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, or disability.
Please ask a cashier for an application, or download one below. Turn in applications and resumes to the Customer Service Desk, or email them to email@example.com
A.M. BAKERY ASSISTANT
- Status: Part-time
- Availability: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Bakery Assistant is the adequate production of baked goods for sale at Open Harvest. The Bakery Assistant is expected to follow health department standards for food safety and cleanliness.
- Requirements: Attend all required meetings. Bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100lbs Able to work in coolers and freezers and near ovens Obtain and keep current a Prep/Cook food handler permit.
On-Call Food Service Clerk
- Status: On-call
- Availability: On-call for circumstances such as sick calls, no-call-no-shows, high-production times, vacations, etc.
- Job Description: To ensure smooth counter operations, to maintain standards of cleanliness, organization, and safety at the counter. Provide operational support to the kitchen. Read full job description.
- Requirements: Attend all required meetings. Bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds Able to work in coolers and freezers and near ovens Obtain and keep current a Prep/Cook food handler permit.