Employment Opportunities at Open Harvest: Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive, values-based, community owned business?
Open Harvest is a community owned grocery store, dedicated to building a sustainable food system through consumer education and the cooperative principles. Open Harvest has been a Lincoln staple since 1975.
At Open Harvest, we exist to serve the needs of our membership and community, and our staff is at the center of our success. We look for applicants who understand the importance of giving great customer service to every person who chooses to shop with us. To our staff, we offer a workplace that is not only positive and respectful, but also can teach you valuable skills to carry on throughout your career, either at the Co-op or in another endeavor. Whether you’re interested in an entry-level opportunity or taking the next step in your career Open Harvest may be just the rewarding experience you’re looking for!
Open Harvest Co-op is committed to equal opportunity in employment practices including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on performance, qualifications and abilities. Employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, age, religious or political beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, or disability.
Please ask a cashier for an application, or download one below. Turn in applications and resumes to the Customer Service Desk, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
PT Bakery Staff
- Status: Part-time
- Must be available these days and times: Tuesday and Wednesday: 7 am -3 pm; Friday: 7 am -1 pm, Saturday: 12:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Job Description: Our bakery staff is part of the food service department, where duties are food prep and customer service. our idea candidate must be reliable, punctual, detail-oriented, have commercial cooking experience, have a Prep Cook Food Hander Permit, or be able to obtain one upon hiring. Weekend availability will be required.
Cashier & Grocery
- Status: Part-time
- Availability: Evening at Weekend availability required
- Job Description: This is an entry-level position that provides excellent customer service and support to both the front end and grocery departments.
- Requirements: Applicant must have experience with stocking, cash handling, and customer service. Excellent customer service is a must.